Sync error

Error report #25157810

When I sync, I get 58 distinct items that Zotero wants me to choose either the local or remote object. I choose (I picked all remote) and then I get multiple error messages after that. In the end, sync fails.

Mills
  • Here's the other error message I get: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [mozIStorageStatement.execute]" nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/db.js :: anonymous :: line 139" data: no] [QUERY: INSERT INTO tags (tagID, name, type, dateAdded, dateModified, clientDateModified, libraryID, key) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)] [ERROR: columns libraryID, name, type are not unique]
  • The second set of errors I get come in drop downs that say things like:

Items in the collection 'Forced Labor' have been added and/or removed in multiple locations. The following items have been added to the collection:

• Modern-Day Slavery on D.C.'s Embassy Row? (E. Skinner)
    • From Stand in Long Island Slavery Case, a Snapshot of a Hidden U.S. Problem (Paul Vitellp)
    • Nearly $1 Million Award To Maids in Abuse Case; [Metropolitan Desk] (Associated Press)
    • The Labyrinth: Pursuing a Human Trafficking Case in Middle America (Medige)
    • The Crime Against Congo (Sir Arthur Conan Doyle)
  • edited November 4, 2010
    Those aren't errors—those mean what they say (though possibly erroneously, and the dialogs are currently excessively disruptive).
  • Hi Dan:

I tried the DB repair tool and the results were all the same. So I did it a second time, just to make sure I did it correctly. Still the same result. It's prompting me 58 times to choose between remote/local versions, then gives me all those drop down notifications.

The most recent error report is: 38208164

Also, I am not syncing with the group I'm using for my class. I know there are many new sources added to the group because if you go here: http://www.zotero.org/groups/history_of_human_trafficking_history_387/items/collection/TTTVBK4K you see many sources, but after the sync I have only one item saved locally.

Any clues?

Mills
  • Syncs are all or nothing—if you get an error, nothing syncs.

If you provide a Debug ID for a sync attempt that generates the error, I'll take a look.
  • Hi: When I tried that, I got to the point of "Submit to Zotero Server" in the Advanced pane and got this message: The server returned an error. Please try again.

So I tried again, but got the same message.

Mills
  • edited November 4, 2010
    You can view the output from that preference pane, save the output as a text file (via File->Save Page As), zip the resulting text file (via right-click), and send it to support@zot....org.
  • Ok, just mailed it. It's late here, so I'm going to call it a night. If you figure out what I need to do, let me know at some point and I'll give it a try in the morning. Thanks so much for your help!

Mills
  • Hi:

When I tried again this morning, I rebooted first just in case that would help. It didn't. Now I get this message:

SSL certificate error connecting to sync.zotero.org

See http://zotero.org/support/kb/ssl_certificate_error for more information.

The error report number is: 2081112179

Mills
  • have you followed the steps at that link? What do you see?
  • edited November 5, 2010
    Hi:

I did and I'm still get the same problems -- when I try to sync I get those 58 items it wants me to merge, then lots of annoying drop downs, then a sync fail. Oh, and I tried it on a different computer yesterday with the same results. I'm starting to get worried about the integrity of my data. Should I be?

Mills
  • I'm starting to get worried about the integrity of my data. Should I be?
    No. Stay tuned.

An intermittent SSL certificate error is just a network glitch, so it has nothing to do with the other issue.
  • Ok. Whew. I tried another sync after all those attempted fixes and still am having the same issue. Here's the latest error report number:

• OK, there was an incorrect row in your database that was causing this. It shouldn't be possible to create such a row anymore, so it probably dates from a very old version of Zotero.

The DB Repair Tool should now fix this, and we'll fix it automatically for 2.1 Beta 2.