Pubmed question from a new user

A simple question that may be a feature request as well.

Is there any way to get Zotero to automatically grab the PDF of a paper found on pubmed, assuming that the PDF is available on the link provided on the page? As it stands, I capture the citation information from pubmed, then manually navigate to the PDF of the paper, download and save, and link a copy to the Zotero database.

Is there a better way?

Example: Pubmed ID: 16990344
A paper from Endocrinology, where the final PDF is available through the link in the top right of the page, and is free to all.
  • Probably not exactly what you're looking for, but I've been opening the PDF in my browser and then going to the "Attachments" tab for the article and selecting "Add"/"Take Snapshot of Current Page." It's a bit easier than saving it somewhere, and then linking or uploading it.

Rachelle
  • Couldn't get access to that particular paper. But if you click on a link to a pdf and drag it onto the reference, that should do what you want it to do.
    Jon.
  • edited October 25, 2007
    That's a good idea to start. Thanks, Rachelle!

Also, Thanks to Jon!

Your click-and-drag method works. Now if there were only a way to easily rename the file from the default. 1991.pdf just doesn't cut it for me. I prefer "Author Year".pdf
  • When you click on the attachment in Zotero, the attachment name is above view file / show file. If you click on that, you can rename the file.
  • Thanks again, Jon.
    This program just keeps looking better and better. I wish I had found it months ago.
  • Great tip about the drag-and-drop. Thanks, Jon.