How to transfer "My Libray" to "Group Library"

I am trying to transfer all records in "My Library" to my "Group Library". I am using the Zotero File Storage. I have read the site information and looked at the forums but have been unable to find a solution to this problem. I see that I can drag and drop individual records from subcollections into the Group Library but I want to open up "My Library" to the entire group.

Can anyone walk me through this?

Thank you!
  • it's not currently possible to share collections, which means this isn't trivial.
    What you can do is to go to "My library", select all items (ctrl+a), and drag&drop them to the group.
    Problem is that they won't be in any collections there. The easiest way I can think of to address would be by using tags (i.e. assign a tag to all items in each given collection before transferring). That will take a little time though and you still wouldn't have the collections back automatically, but right now that's the best I can think of.
  • Thank you adamsmith. When you say "select all" Do you mean from my Zotero panel inside my web browser or at the Zotero site. Frankly, I have never been able to drag and drop anything other than individual references. Do you mean opening the "my Library" in the center pain, highlight there and then drop un formated onto the "Group Library"? SURELY there is a way to share a collection. All the material on the Zotero site reference this ability. Just what are they referring to then?
  • Thank you adamsmith. When you say "select all" Do you mean from my Zotero panel inside my web browser or at the Zotero site.
    The former - in your Zotero panel. You can't do anything except look on the website at this time.
    Do you mean opening the "my Library" in the center pain, highlight there and then drop un formated onto the "Group Library"?
    yes
    SURELY there is a way to share a collection. All the material on the Zotero site reference this ability. Just what are they referring to then?
    Not really, no. What you can do is to create collections within the group and share those. But you can't share collections that you have in your personal "My Library" using the group feature. You have to manually (re-)create the collection and then move the items. In other words, the only collections that you can share in a group are the ones that you have created in that group.
    Which material in the documentation are you referring to?