COinS, Wordpress, unAPI - using metadata to describe both the post and citations within.

I've got a wordpress blog, and I periodically discuss journal articles. I'd like to include metadata for the citations, so that someone with a OpenURL bookmarklet or GM script could use it, or add it to Zotero.

One way to do it is to add the COinS tag in the body of the post for each referenced article, but what I find is that using the unAPI plugin for Wordpress, only the post itself can be saved, not the articles within.

Using the other plug-in, the COinS metadata exposer, allows all the in-post citations to be saved, but the Zotero record for the post itself is missing the abstract.

I'm sticking the COinS tags in the post body because it's easy to do. I just enter the PMID at http://generator.ocoins.info and then copy the generated code into my post, but I feel like I should be using eRDF or something, it's just not as easy.

What's the best way to include citation metadata about journal articles on a unAPI-enabled blog?