Zotero experienced an error...??

I am using Zotero on a WinXP Word 2007. I get this error when I try to place a citation in my Word document: Zotero experienced an error updating your document. Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [ZoteroIntegrationField.getCode] ?
  • edited October 29, 2010
    We're pushing a new version of the Word plug-in later today. You can try that when it comes out and see if it helps, or you can try installing the 3.0 branch XPI now (you'll want to install the next release it comes out).

EDIT: New plug-in has been pushed. Click "Find Updates" in Tools->Add-ons to get it.
  • The Zotero 3.0b5 is trying to install itself (as an upgrade to the plugin already installed) and giving me this error :
    OSError: [Errno 1] Operation not permitted: '/Users/gillesbeauchamp/Documents/Donne\xcc\x81es utilisateurs Microsoft/Word Script Menu Items/Zotero/Zotero'

It seems not to find or accept the directory ... is it because there is a upper ascii character in the path ? as Données utilisateurs Microsoft ?
  • Can you provide a report ID? Thanks.
  • I am sorry, I think I corrected the problem... by creating a path without the upper character, and the plugin installed without error...

Can you, Simon, send the error text included in the message before to the good guys ?

Thanks
  • The updated plug-in solved my problem. Thanks!
  • When I try to open "preferences":

Erro no processamento de XML: entidade não definida
    Posição: chrome://zotero/content/preferences/preferences.xul
    Número da linha 566, coluna 2: <prefpane id="zotero-prefpane-cite"
    --------^
  • JaquelineLelis, this is covered here.
This discussion has been closed.