localstore.rdf getting corrupted

Hi folks,

If I 'add standalone note,' and then click the HTML button, things used to work fine, but now...
1) the whole Firefox window resizes to approx half its width (this only seems to happen the first time you click the HTML button. The second time you do it, the pop up box appears as it used to.)
2) localstore.rdf in App>Data>Profile> gets corrupted with the result that my address box (not address bar) completely disappears so I can't see or enter any urls, and the status bar also disappears even though it remains ticked (to show) under the View menu.

The latter problem can be resolved by closing Firefox and replacing localstore.rdf with a new copy, but you lose any customization.

Thanks.

FFportable v3.6.12
Zotero v2.0.9
  • By "replacing" you mean "deleting", I assume?

I can't reproduce this and no one else has reported it. Zotero doesn't have any direct control over localstore.rdf, so this isn't really an issue we can address. Try disabling other Firefox extensions and themes. If that doesn't work, delete localstore.rdf, restart Firefox and open and select a note Zotero (but don't trigger the problem), close Firefox, make a copy of localstore.rdf called localstore-before.rdf, reopen Firefox, reproduce the issue, close Firefox, and then make another copy called localstore-after.rdf. Send the two copies to support@zot....org and we can see what's changing in the file.

But I'm guessing you're going to need to follow-up with Mozilla support, since this isn't really a Zotero issue.