zotero, text editors and notetaking

I'm dreaming of writing my reading notes using a simple text editor, or some notetaking program like OneNote, TiddlyWiki, WikidPad. And using also paper and pen heavily.

How to integrate this with my Zotero library? I have found some tools in Zotero to assist in this, but many more wishes:

- RTF-Scan feature (could not get it to work, tho). However, clicking my way thru "save as rtf - give input/output files in zotero - open new file in editor" seem a long route.

- Dragging and dropping a citation from Zotero to a wysiwyg
editor textarea in WordPress produced an OpenUrl with necessary citation metadata in a title-element. Very nice, but how to copy and paste the same stuff to standalone text editors?

- "Create bibliography from selected item" - "to clipboard " seems nice. How about creating an openUrl with metadata that way?

- How about "Clipboard scan" - Paste text from an editor to the clipboard, perform scan for all {Smith, 2009} style stuff, and place results to clipboard?

- Any Zotero plugins for text editors? Notepad++?

- Dreaming furher, a simple markup (markdown style) for citations and bibligraphies would be wonderful. (just run into "markdown - mandown - bibdown" .. something like that). That way a more general plugin could be created.

I'd like to hear of any experiences of using separate, simple notetaking programs alongside Zotero. I am aware that Zotero itself has notetaking and I'm also planning to investigate whether using Zotero for all my notes would be a viable alternative. Has anyone tried that?
-Timo