sync not working green arrow continually spinning

ID 2025013565

This problem has been going on for a week. My second laptop (an HP mini) is not able to sync with zotero. My main laptop (a macbook) is fine. I have been receiving the error message of empty server response (after about 20 minutes of spinning the green arrow would stop and a red exclamation point appear next to it0...but today it has been spinning for over an hour and when I check error report I am given the the new error "Cannot modify properties of 2 wrapped native ns result ox80570034. Before last week I had not used the HP mini for several weeks and I have done some rearranging of my zotero library (adding some subfolders) I dont know whether this could be the cause. I have tried rebooting and shutting down the computer and all the other simple things listed on other conversations but I am not very computer literate and I am afraid to try anything else. I am hoping you can help me get this solved. I love zotero and I am currently giving my fellow phd's at the Courtuald insitute in London some inservice's on how to use it....so I guess this is a test run of how to use the support forums! Thanks M Camp
  • I don't see any active syncs from you right now. Is it still spinning?

The sync server is very busy this week due to increased traffic. We're in the process over the next week of switching to a new server architecture that should speed up syncing and website access dramatically.
  • (We don't need them for this, but the Report IDs you provided in the other thread were invalid, by the way. Don't try to retype those—just copy and paste.)
  • \i just sent a message but it said zotero.org too busy and not responding so I apologize if it actually went through. When you emailed, my computer was asleep, as I am not using it at the moment but as soon as I touched it and the screen came back on the arrow was spinning, as it still is. I will keep the screen active so you can see it and thanks so much for looking into this. Sorry about the invalid numbers.
  • You still have no active syncs. If it's spinning, restarting Firefox and/or your computer.
  • And what does it say for last sync time when you hover over the sync icon?
  • Sorry I am having trouble sending you this message it keeps telling me the zotero system is busy. The green arrow is spinning and when I hover over it it says thet it is getting updated data from sync server. Just a minute ago it reverted to the red exclamation mark and said the problem was an empty server. This was the message I received before.
  • I'm also having problems with the green arrow spinning forever but not actually syncing. I'm not getting an error message, but if I hold my mouse over the arrow, I get a box that says: Sync with Zotero Server; syncing files; last sync: 8 hours ago. I think this means it's been trying to sync for 8 hours. I'm worried about quitting Firefox and losing all the work I did today....
  • you don't lose any work when syncing fails - it's just not saved to the Zotero server, it's still on your local machine.
    The message doesn't mean it's taking 8hs - it means that the last sync was completed 8hs ago.
This discussion has been closed.