sync arrow spins for hours, but no sync! debug ID D266778169

Sync never happens on any of the university library computers I am using lately. The green arrow spins endlessly without ever completing the sync (the other day, I tried it for hours). Works fine on my home computer. My debug output says "Associated libraries are locked." Is there a setting I need to change? debug ID D266778169

The Mac I am using at the library is running OS 10.6.4 and Zotero version 2.0.2.
  • Syncing is not working for me at all. It looks like it's working, but then the sync arrow just spins forever (hours, not minutes). Can I get a comment? I posted debug ID and system info, above. Let me know if you need more info. Thanks!
  • You have a large queued download. Just be patient. The data server is very busy this week due to increased traffic.

We're in the process over the next week of switching to a new server architecture that should speed up syncing and website access dramatically.
  • OK, thanks. I've given up and switched to an old copy of my library on a flash drive. Do my previous attempts to sync stay in and clog up the queue?

Glad to hear a server upgrade will help. I wouldn't just call the current process sluggish, though. I've tried to sync for 3 or 4 hours at a time, with nothing happening at all.
  • [NOTE: moved from other sync thread. I have the same problem as others here]

Since the most recent upgrade, I've been trying unsuccessfully to sync for about a week now. I have had my laptop active on the university network for hours at a time and the sync arrow just spins with no results. Of course this has made finishing a paper I'm working on more of a pain since I can't go back and forth between my office desktop and my laptop. Since it's my laptop, it is not a computer that I can leave at the office syncing for 24 hours. Any suggestions?

Any point in manually coping the Zotero database from one machine to the other? Or is this asking for more trouble?
  • cmbarton: Again, start a new thread.