Modify frontend appearance

Hello!

It would be great if one could modify the appearance of the Zotero front end. The fact that the info bar on the right side of the screen containing the tabs cannot be changed is particulary annoying, takes a lot of "useless" space on the screen.
Thanks !
  • Ability to modify the appearance would be appreciated. Sometimes it's not just for "appearances" sake. When a listing is selected, the highlight is so faint I have difficulty detecting which one is highlighted, but I can't see any way to modify it.
  • highlighting colors are, I believe, taken from Firefoxes color scheme, so you might be able to adjust that.
  • FWIW, you can create themes for Zotero the same way you would create a skin for Firefox (see also instructions for Firefox 4). Modifying Zotero Files has details on how to extract the extension, after which you can find the default skin in chrome/skin/default/zotero and chrome/content/zotero-platform.
  • These ideas are great for developers, but I don't have any ability to modify Firefox's colour scheme or use the theme creator above. Most ordinary users want to go to tools/modify appearance and click some buttons!