Firefox crashes when trying to sync

Hi folks,
I am getting Z set up on a new computer. I have transfered my data fine, which was nice. From Windows (originally) then to Ubuntu (for a 18 months) and now over to Mac. So happy the data files can be used on all platforms.

Anyway... I am trying to set up online syncing. I am choosing to use WebDAV. I have webdav on my hosting server, and use it for other purposes too. I have set up a webdav folder and account specifically for Z. I have no issues accessing the webdav account in OS X Finder.

I add the data to Z prefs. When I try to test the sync it crashes FF.
If I leave the data in there, FF will crash (seemingly out of the blue) from time to time... obviously whenever Z tries to automatically sync.

I am not sure how to resolve this issue, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have FF 3.6.10 on OS X 10.6.4
I have very few other extensions installed on FF, as the profile I am using is one I keep lean. I can post what they are if that is helpful.

With thanks,

Jonathan
  • If it would be better for this discussion to be in TROUBLESHOOTING please say so and I will move it. Was not sure.
  • Do you mean "crash" or do you mean "freeze"? If the latter, it's probably not really hung. Just let it go.
  • Complete crash.
    FF crashes and up comes the crash report submitter.
    Happens every time I try to access or test webdav. Have turned it off for now.
  • If you submitted a crash report, go to the URL about:crashes in the Firefox address bar, click on one of the relevant crashes, and post the URL here.
  • Okay...
    Here is one:
    http://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/index/ecd09fcd-06b4-47a6-9c1a-e597f2101009

Here is another:
    http://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/index/bp-d0a9229a-68f6-43fe-8b1f-06a092101009

You'll see my comment on that last one:
    "Not sure what happened. I think it is a recently installed plugin doing it.
    Submitted: 2010-10-09 07:20:16-07"

Since then I have confirmed it is Zotero because I can repeat it every time (so far).

Cheers,
    Jonathan