Report id : 127157768 Zotero buggy in FF 3.6.10

Seems im getting alot of problems or crashes since the update to FF 3.6.10 or the latest release of Zotero.

The link between word and FF appears to break at times and I have to reboot FF to get this working again.

Zotero 2.08
Word addon 3.04a
  • That's almost certainly to vague to act on. Is there any way you can re-produce specific patterns that lead to a crash? Also, is there any chance that another add-on is causing this or at least contributing? Lots of people are using Zotero with FF 3.6.10 and we haven't seen an increase in complaints here, so my guess is that this has more specific causes.
  • Sorry. Im trying your suggestion of disabling my addons. Ill work with it for a few more hours to see if I can replicate the problem.

thx again.
  • Hi there. I have uninstalled all my addons in FF3.6.10 and now only have Zotero 2.0.8 and Word addon 3.0a4 installed.

I'm seem to still get "an error has occurred pleased restart Firefox"...this time I was dropping 8 PDFs onto Zoteros interface of which 2 did not have OCR text. It crashed at that point.

Earlier Zotero would crash when I was simply adding a new citation into Word 2007. There really isnt any thing replicate as Im using Zotero as intended and I appear to be getting random crashes.

Ill try using the new 2.1 version.
  • A little update. Ive upgraded to the 2.1 version and hit the little "hid tab" button on the left side and Zotero crashed. Ive never had problems like this before and Im assuming this is FFox not Zotero?
  • well - the 2.1 version is in beta - so that will still have some problems - try to see if you can create an error report or something along those lines for a crash. What to you mean by "hid tab"? The Zotero button to hide tags? Or some FF button?

The other error your describe, though, might be something different - there do seem to be some problems with attaching pdfs for people - maybe you could try playing with that a little and see if you can make out a pattern.
  • Hi adam. "hid tab"=> I meant "hide tab"....Zotero has a little long button on the left side for hiding the tags. (looks like 2 arrows with little dots between)

I'm currently working with 2.1 and it has crashed a few times but its about tolerable. Ill try your suggestion and get back.

thanks.