64-bit Firefox 4 support?

I understand that there is some development work for Zotero to work in Firefox 4 going on. I just like to confirm:

Will there be 64-bit Firefox 4 support in Zotero? Will it be Zotero 2.1 or a later version? And will a new Zotero be released at around the same time as Firefox 4?

Thank you!
  • edited September 24, 2010
    64-bit Firefox should have no effect on Zotero proper, since Zotero isn't a compiled program. When Zotero works in 32-bit Firefox 4, it will work in 64-bit Firefox 4 (and the people primarily developing Zotero are likely to be doing so on Intel Macs in 64-bit Firefox anyway).

Zotero 2.1 should be compatible with Firefox 4, and it should be out by the time Firefox 4 is released.

64-bit Firefox might affect the word processor plugins, but Simon would have to comment on that.
  • Thanks for the info! I am very glad that Zotero 2.1 will be released at around the same time as Firefox 4.

Yes if anyone can say anything about word processor plugin compatibility with 64-bit Firefox 4 that would be great.

Also, what about compatibility on other OSes like Linux flavours?
  • Same answer. Since Zotero isn't compiled, it's not affected by platform. (The only exceptions are OS integration features such as file dragging, which has been broken on Linux for a long time. But we might actually be able to fix that in 2.1.)