A few random errors occurring

Hi all,

I seem to be getting some weird output. First off, each item in my bibliography seems to contain the DOI too... how do i change this (I assume it's just a setting but I can't find it)

Second, when I have to edit a citation to appear inline, how do i do it? Whenever I hit 'refresh' it reverts back to the original format.

Third, specific citations seem to erroneously include the authors full name, or last name + initial... I've tried to see if they are mistakenly saved in the "last name" field in the FF add on, but they aren't.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Jay
  • 1. Which style are we talking? - APA, for example requires DOIs wherever they exist.
    2. not sure what you mean by "inline" - like "Smith (1776) says..."? type the author's name in the word processor and use suppress author. Most other edits can be achieved using prefix and suffix, which can also be applied to individual items in a multiple citation. For worst cases you can use show editor, but that will permanently prevent the citation from refreshing.
    3. http://www.zotero.org/support/kb/given_name_disambiguation
  • Hi Adam,

1) APA... so then should they stay?
    2) Thank you I shall try to employ the "Supress Author" method and will post back if i have issue
    3)I shall do this, but it doesn't explain why this occurs:
    First: Umar
    Last: Khan

Shows as (U. Khan, 2009)
  • 1.)yes
    3.) yes it does. You either have another Khan somewhere in the document or you have two articlas by Umar Khan and have him once as Khan, U. and once as Khan, Umar
    or something like this.
    This is the only explanation for randomly appearing initials and firstnames, so this is the reason with 100% certainty.
  • You, my friend, are a GENIUS!

Thank you SO much!