help! created style - now what?

OK, I managed (barely, but I managed): I adapted a *.csl file to a style for the journal Palaeontologia Electronica (http://www.palaeo-electronica.org/). I didn't delve into the nitty-gritty details; all I managed was that journal and book entries are cited correctly in the text and listed correctly in the reference list. Also, author disambiguation works properly, with the initial after the surname.

So far, so good - but now what?
Obviously, I'd love other people being able to use it, but I can't even begin to make head or tail of the validation stuff, and all that. Is there anybody out there willing to take a peek at the style and tell me what to do with it now?
  • post it as a public gist to gist.github.com
    (no registration or anything necessary - just paste into the window and click "create public gist") I'll upload it to the repository - if necessary I'll fix it if it doesn't validate.
    It'd be great, though, if you would at least get chapters in edited volumes to work correctly, too. Those are quite common.
  • ouch, forgot to mention that: chapters work fine, too (phew!).

What I didn't do is try to have the "specials" of PE implemented (e.g., issue numbers only given if each issue is paginated separately; you'd need an extra entry in zotero to allow distinguishing that), or make sure that conference proceedings etc. are fine. Those are barely used by authors of PE anyways.

I've uploaded it now:

http://gist.github.com/587160

THANX!
  • it's up and should show up soon.
    The style validated fine, great job.
    Just one comment: make the filename equivalent to the id (though the latter doesn't have .csl) and always put the "link" line in (link is equivalent to id).
    Also, for the id/filename, use something a little longer and only lowercase letters
    I used palaeontologia-electronica.csl

Thanks a lot for contributing!
  • awesome! Thank you very much for your help and the hints :)
  • At PE we now have had the first paper by an author who used the style - it worked well. Thank you VERY much again for your help!