Bug report: OCLC FirstSearch & invalid SID

A library user reported problems accessing OCLC's WorldCat using the FirstSearch interface. When performing a search, the browser returned "Please Note Invalid sid."

I did troubleshooting from home (outside of our library's IP range), and sure enough, I was able to replicate the problem (http://www.flickr.com/photos/orrinjcl/4990410034/).

Just clearing out the cache didn't work. But when I cleared the browser's cache (wiping out the proxy login), disabled Zotero, and restarted the browser, everything worked fine.

Thoughts?
  • Can you provide specific details of how to replicate this? It sounds like a proxy bug in Zotero or a misconfigured proxy server. In either case, we'll need more detail to understand what exactly is happening.
  • Thanks for your response. I'll replicate this again from off-campus tonight and try to record more details for you.
  • Hi Avram,

I was unable to replicate this problem again from off-campus. We're still having issues with users having this problem from off-campus, so I'm thinking that it's an issue between FirstSearch's settings and the EZproxy server. Although the issue isn't resolved, we've at least figured out that it's not a Zotero problem.

Thanks again for responding!