Trash bin is not workung properly

I deleted allot of items from my Zotero but none of them got to the trash bin.
Zotero 2.0.8
  • How exactly are you deleting items? Are you sure you're not removing items from your current collection? See also: http://www.zotero.org/support/collections#deleting_an_item
  • 1. I am choosing the item in the collection.
    2. I press on delete button.
    3. The item vanishes and do not appear in the trash bin.

Note: I changed my default zotero folder a month ago, may be zotero deletes item to the default folder but i cannot see it because zotero is looking to other folder.
  • Important update:
    I deleted some items in "My library" and they were successfully transferred to trash bin.
    But if i delete in collections: the deleted items will not transfer to the trash bin.
    I think this is a bug in trash bin mechanism, it will only "catch" items deleted from "My library" and not from sub collections.
  • I believe that is expected behavior. Pressing the Delete key while in a collection is equivalent to "Remove item from collection," not "Delete from Library." The quote below is from the link Rintz posted.
    Removing an Item from a Collection

To remove an item from a collection, select it and press the Delete or Backspace key. You can also right-click (control click on Mac) and select “Remove Selected Item”.

This will only remove this item from the individual collection, not from My Library or other collections.
    The thing to remember is that "Remove" is not the same as "Delete." Reread Rintze's link carefully, observing carefully that distinction.

Note: you get a confirmation dialogue when you delete from the Library, by not when you remove from a collection.