Show item in collection

Is there a way to see for each item in which collection it is? Now, when I look at the whole list of my library, or search for a specific item, I cannot tell in which collection it is cataloged. This is especially important when I find duplicates and need to know which to delete.
Thanks.
  • To see all the collections an item is in, hold down the “Option” key on Macs or the “Control” key on Windows. This will highlight all collections that contain the selected record.

http://www.zotero.org/support/tips_and_tricks
  • thank you. it worked...
  • hi zotero team,
    thanks for your work. had same q as answered above. please consider making this a right click option or extending the "tags" tab to include tags and collection as this is a really important feature for organizing items. i tried to introduce zotero at my university institute and this was one feature most people missed (at least those who didn't remember the shortcut). thanks!
  • After I suggested adding a list of collection memberships to the fairly sparsely populated "Related" pane, the developer of the Zotfile plugin added a new contextual menu item that lists all the collection memberships for the selected item.

I still think the former is worth doing, but try installing Zotfile for now.