Informaworld and zotero

Apparently, Zotero doe not identify the new format of the informaworld journal article pages as such. It instead recognise them as Book pages and therefore doesnot automatically save them in the right format.
I hope that you are aware of this.
Thanks, Gal
  • I will try to fix this. Note that it does save them correctly, at least in my experience, although it does erroneously display a book icon in the address bar.
  • Thank you - it worked for me before but no longer. It doesn't only display the book icon, it also does not "register" it correctly (journal title, authors' names etc.)
  • Did anyone else encountered this problem? It still identifies journal articles in Informaworld as Books rather than articles and does not register the author and the journals details, so one should do this all manually.
    Hope someone from the Zotero team sees this because it is an open problem for quite a while.
  • Darn it. It is broken for me too. Informaworld is familiar territory for me -- I'll try to get this fixed for you.
  • Two things at work here: 1. I fixed this specific issue in the Informaworld translator quite some time ago, but it was never pushed to clients. 2. There was a new issue where the translator would erroneously show the book icon but still save this correctly. I have corrected error (2) in the newest trunk version of the translator (https://www.zotero.org/trac/browser/extension/trunk/translators/Informaworld.js?rev=6920&format=txt).

My post above about the translator working was apparently because in one of my Zotero profiles I have the version with (1) above fixed, but not in my other profiles, since it was never pushed to clients.

Hopefully this new version will be pushed to clients or bundled in the next 2.0.x release, so that Informaworld will start working again for everyone, and not just people who manually installed the updated translator.
  • The updated version of Informaworld is now available. Your copy of Zotero should auto-update within 24 hours, or you can update manually by clicking Update Now in the General pane of the Zotero prefs.

Thanks to ajlyon for the fixes.
  • I want to thank you for fixing the problem, it works perfectly fine now.

On another matter, is there a way of asking to include new categories, for example, newsletter, or a whole special journal (and not by each article).

Thanks again for your prompt response, it's remarkable.
  • On another matter, is there a way of asking to include new categories, for example, newsletter, or a whole special journal (and not by each article).
    This are on the vaguely-defined long-term roadmap. Unfortunately, I don't think that they'll be coming any time soon (i.e., not in the next year).

In many cases, you can enter such items as a Book or Journal Article in the meantime.