Cannot create item from a specific web page

I cannot create an item from this web page:

http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsbpel/2.0/wsbpel-v2.0.html

When I click on the blue icon ("Create new item from current page") my browser freezes. Eventually, I get a message about a script on this page is busy or not responding. No matter what I do at this point, my browser is toast -- I have to start over from scratch. Note: I cannot even look for an error message from Zotero because the browser is not responsive. I must kill it with the task manager.

I can create items from other web pages -- this seems to work just fine. And, by the way, I believe that this is an extremely vanilla html page, since it is a published specification document.

I wonder if someone else reading this forum could try this and let me know if it worked for you?

I am running Zotero 2.0.6 on Firefox 3.6.8 on Windows XP. My Zotero database is really quite large. I sych items through WebDav to JungleDisk.

Thanks very much for your help with this.
  • edited September 7, 2010
    If you disable full-text indexing (by setting the max chars value in the Search pane of the Zotero preferences to 0), is it quicker?

I suspect the delay is simply inserting the (quite lengthy, as web pages go) page content into the (currently non-optimal) full-text index, which would probably also be slower if you have a very large index already.
  • Dan,

I set the max chars to index to 0 as you suggested. I then tried to create the item again -- got exactly the same result. Had to kill the browser with the task manager.
  • You can look at the real-time debug output to see what's going on (though, this being Windows, it will be pretty excruciatingly slow).