Error Report 650880325 and 776435651

I bought 1GB of storage yesterday and have been trying to upload my library to a Group and am getting a certificate authentification error. I submitted two error reports: 650880325 and 776435651 (this second one after I read a message that suggested rebooting...and after the reboot I still got the error). I'm using a Mac with all the software updated. What do I need to do?

(I hadn't realized everyone started their own discussions rather than finding similar problems - forgive me).
  • How many items are in your Zotero library?
  • edited August 26, 2010
    About 650 MB; 11124 items. Lots of duplicates that I have tried weeding down now that I understand tags better than I did in 2008.
  • Provide a Debug ID for a sync attempt that fails.
  • D1368672426

The sync was already started when I enabled Debug. Please let me know if it caught it too late and I need to do it again.
  • Yes, please.
  • I tried again and got 750239 lines of debug code which was taking forever to upload, so I didn't get a Debug number.

I shut down everything and took sync off automatic. when I restarted my computer the time/date was out of whack. I reset that. I went into preferences and enabled the debug log and then manually started the sync. Again it got to 750042 lines of code but when I tried to upload it said the server had an error and I should try again. I tried 3 times, same message.

Could my library just be too corrupted to upload?
  • Your database isn't corrupted.

But I see you edited your above post from 2,000 to 11,000 items. So that's likely the issue. We're working to allow larger libraries to sync, but there can currently be issues with uploading a very large number of items at once. (People who built up their libraries gradually don't have this problem.)

One thing you should make sure of is that your trash is empty—sometimes people have thousands of items in there that they don't realize are still around.
  • Is there an "easy" way to get rid of duplications? Or do I just continue to delete from my main library? I have tried getting rid of duplicates 2 other times and they seem to multiply. I want to get rid of them before I try synching again. I have been emptying the trash.