NoteEditor is not defined (Error report 1856150233)

Made a few notes in an entry, no problem as normal. Went back a little later to add more / edit, and I couldn't see anything or edit it. Same goes for all the notes that I've had for years. All I see is the "title" of the note. Saw in the errors that there's something not defined for the note editor. Any ideas? I've tried restarting FF, but no luck. Not sure what else to do. Thanks in advance for any ideas.
  • Try reinstalling Zotero.
  • D'oh! I should've known that. That did it! Thank you very much!
  • Actually, reinstalling Zotero is almost never a fix for problems, but in this case a file in your Zotero installation was actually corrupted. I couldn't tell you how that happened, and it's pretty bad to have random data in the middle of a file, but if you have no other problems you can ignore it for now. I'd check your disk integrity and make sure you have backups of important data, though.
  • edited August 24, 2010
    Interesting, thanks for the explanation. My computer has crashed a few times (unrelated stuff -- power problems), and that may have been part of it. Anyway...

I did the integrity check and a note came up saying I should use the online dbfix tool, which I did. I followed the instructions, and upon reinstalling the db ran the integrity check again -- and all was fine. On a cursory look I see to have all of my entries (at least the number of them is the same, and the most recent stuff I added was there), so all looks good.

Thanks again!

P.S. I almost forgot: there's an upload ID number that the report said I should not share publicly, but as I have no other way of communicating with you, I'm not sure what to do. If you need it, I guess you could send me an email and I'll respond with that ID #.

Aaron