Removing the "" from Document titles

Hello,

[edited 16:12]

Having a small problem:

Using style Chicago Full Note w/ bibliography. I want to make a small adjustment: I simply want to remove the "" on each side of the title of a document in citations. I'm a bit challenged when it comes to code language, maybe someone could be so kind as to explain how I can achieve this?

Best regards,

Johannes D.
  • do you want no quotes for any title or only no quotes for the item type "document"?
    The former is easy, the latter is actually quite hard to do because of the way the Document item type is set up.
  • Hello,

I'd like to have only the titles for the item type "document" without quotes. Is there no way but the hard way? I'd use some other item type if feasible, for instance "manuscript" -- if that type also gives archive and loc. in archive in the citations.
  • yes - manuscript would be much easier to do - could you try that and see how close it comes to what you need?

(brief explanation: "Document" is actually internally not an item-type for Zotero, but rather a fall-back category. So applying specific changes to Documents is pretty much impossible. I don't think that's a great idea and I believe this is in the (slow) process of changing).
  • Right! I changed it to manuscript, and managed to find the relevant variable (<text variable="title" quotes="true"/> under the macro "title-note"), changed "true" to "false" and now titles display without quotes.

Thanks for your kind help.

J
  • edited August 26, 2010
    Oops -- that took away the quotes in titles for all item types. I don't want that. How do I remove the quotes in titles _only for the item type "manuscript"_?