Urgent question: import zotero from a mac to a PC

Hello, I have to import my whole zotero library to another computer - from a Mac to a PC (Windows 7, Word 2003). (Dont't ask me why, it is an emergency because my Mac crashed...)
So, my former system was a Mac.
I copied the zotero file already - but where do I have to store it on the PC? Please help me, I am getting crazy (having to submit my thesis in a month....)
thanxs
nina
  • So what I have to do is, copy the zotero file to this location:

On Windows 7 and Windows Vista:
    C:\Users\<User Name>\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\<randomstring>\zotero

and then open firefox and it should work automatically?

(Btw, up to know I did not find the location mentioned above. I hate Windows!!)
  • ok, I found the directory, copied it there - but when I open firefox and zotero it does not open my library but is still empty! what do I do wrong? how do I make appear my entries in my new firefox??
  • ok, it WORKS!!!! (I followed the instructinos given below to copy the sqlite-file in a temporary folder on the desktop etc...)

now I would just like to know
    1. can I now delete the temporary folder on the desktop with the storage and the old replaced sqlite-file?
    2. can I also delete strange files in the now active directory that are called zotero.sqlite.1.bak and zotero.sqlite36.bak?
  • You can delete the things on your desktop once you have decided that everything made the transition intact. You're better off not deleting things from within the Zotero data directory unless you have a concrete reason for doing so.