Problem at Amazon.com

Hello,
I was trying to add to the zotero database the following:
http://www.amazon.com/Environmental-Colloids-Particles-Separation-Characterisation/dp/0470024321
However, I got a "could not save item" error. ID is 661752698
I am using FF 3.6.8, zotero 2.0.3 on win XP sp3
Regards,
Fernando
  • Hmm. That one works for me. Try restarting Firefox or your computer and try again -- this might be an intermittent glitch. Alternatively, the open access roots of Zotero are rebelling against books with a list price of over $0.63 per page.
  • edited August 22, 2010
    Hi ajlyon

Thanks, but I tried that, and also I have updated the translators, with no luck. Amazon seems to be not working anymore for me (even cheaper books ...). Other sites do work well.
  • In that case, there's not much I can do. When one of the core Zotero devs looks at your error report, perhaps they can provide some insight. Can you generate and submit debug output as well? If Amazon is throwing an error, it will be in the debug output.
  • pretty much what ajlyon says - two more things maybe worth trying:
    1) disable all other firefox add-ons
    2) - this is a last resort - use "reset translators and styles" - that's probably not it, but sometimes translators get corrupted and update would not help, I believe, if the time stamp is the most recent one.
  • Thanks both. I have found that at my work computer I have no problems (at least with amazon...). It is my home computer which is in a rebellious state. I'll check later on.