Mac keyboard shortcut: cmd shift z

Hello,

Zotero is my favorite extension, thanks for making such a great app!

I have a problem with the keyboard shortcut to bring the zotero pane on mac... CMD-SHIFT-Z doesn't work. When I press the key combination, I see firefox's TOOLS menu light up for a moment, which indicates that the command was sent, but nothing happens. I tried to change the key combination for another letter, the same happens. I also tried to configure the "Tools->Zotero" menu command in the keyboard system preferences, using another combination (Ex: ctrl-alt-z) and the same happens: The menu lights up but the Zotero pane doesn't come up.

If I use the Tools->Zotero menu with the mouse, then it works....

Can anyone help?

Thank you...
  • Is anyone able to open the zotero pane with the mac keyboard at all?
  • Of course.

Disable your other Firefox extensions.
  • thanks for the tip Dan, it turns out I had two conflicting addons: Download Statusbar and Web Developer. Web Developer was easily fixed by removing the Zoom shortcut in its preferences. As for Download Statusbar, well... the current version (0.9.7.1) as of this writing has no way to configure its Show/Hide shortcut (cmd-shift-z). Got to do it manually in about:config, key downbar.function.hideKey.

thanks for the help
  • Found a solution...

Go to about:config

Search "extensions.zotero.keys.overrideGlobal"

You should get a boolean that is set to "false" by default. Double-click it to change it to "true".

The Zotero shortcuts should now work...

:)
  • Hi,
    This solution in the "about:config" tab worked fine for me. But today's update to version 2.1b5 broke this workaround. I can't make it work anymore. Any ideas ?

I'm using FF4b10 on macos 10.5.8.

thanks