reccursive collections button

Hi Everybody,

i appreciate the option to make the contents of subfolders visible in the folders above very much (see http://www.zotero.org/support/hidden_prefs option "recursiveCollections", its a "shine through effect"). On the other hand, it is sometimes better to focus on a collection (without contents of subfolders visible).

So I am looking for a quick way to switch between both: A corresponding button for this hidden preference would be nice.

Of course I am aware that such a button might not be a good default option. So maybe it is possible to add another hidden preference for this button, so that people like me could turn the button on if they like and have the function from that point on: on the tip of a button ;).

I am happily awaiting your comments, best regards, Felix.
  • Felix - all of your suggestions are good, I actually think all of them have been discussed before and many of them are planned, though mostly in the medium-long run. I don't have time to find all the old threads for you, but I'm positive there are discussions on the topic of this thread, on what you call "direct import", on journal abbreviations, and on creating a list of works cited in a document in Zotero - if you're interested spend some time looking and get up to date on the state of the discussion.