Shortcut for adding a PDF

I'm trying to set up a keyboard shortcut for "Create New Item from Current Page". I'm following Dan Stillman's good advice (http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/3637/) on how to accomplish this with the Keyconfig extension.

It works fine with regular web pages, but not with PDFs: the behaviour of the ZoteroPane.addItemFromPage(); command is different from what I get by pressing the Create New Item from Current Page button (or by dragging and dropping).

For PDFs, I don't want to create a parent item of the Web Page Type (with the PDF as an attachment), which is what the ZoteroPane.addItemFromPage(); command does. I only want the PDF to be added to my Zotero library as a stand-alone attachment, which is what happens with the Create New Item from Current Page or by dragging and dropping.

The reason why this is a problem is that when the PDF is an attachment to a Web Page in the library, I cannot retrieve its metadata.

If anybody can help me with setting the correct command in Keyconfig, I'd be much obliged.