Cross-references

I need to make a lot of references to sections of a book. Each chapter of the book is by a different author, and the book as a whole has an editor, which should be a common enough situation.

If I use the "book section" entry, though, I can't see where to enter the editor of the collection, or to enter separate dates for the book and for the item in the book. It would also be nice if I could enter the book details just one and cross-reference it each time I reference an item in it (like the Bibtex "crossref"), but for the moment I'd be happy if I could enter the information at all!

Any ideas?
  • You're right. It is a common enough situation. It is planned to make 'relating' one item to another possible (Zotero+CSL language for the kind of crossref functionality you are asking for). This is coming in a future version.
  • Great! And I see that tells me how to add editors (and I've checked, and they do appear as editors of the containing volume, not editors of the item, which is perfect).

Thanks for your help -- I look forward to the version with crossref support!