Syncing problem

Every time I try to sync I get the Conflict Resolution dialogue box. No matter which object I choose (Local Object or Remote Object) when I click Finish the sync still does not occur. I have even tried deleting the object entirely from my local Zotero and I still get the conflict resolution issue.

After I click finish, I get a dialogue box that says, "Items in the collection 'Biofuel' have been added and/or removed in multiple locations. The following items have been added to the collection:" and then a bulleted list of several of my sources. Surprisingly, the conflicted source from above is not on the list.

Are these two separate problems or are they linked? What can I do to resolve them. This is frustrating and I haven't been able to sync my library in quite some time. Thank you,

Brian
  • I have had the same problem over the past few days. Each sync bought many conflicts to be resolved, and they seem to be restricted to a group library I was sharing. I'm not sure why, and I certainly didn't fix it. I tried to replace the server data with local data via the reset sync options and even went so far as deleting my group libraries. That made things worse. That probably doesn't help you though, but thought I would post just in case it is relevant.
  • bashay48: The problem is that your sync isn't going through, and there's no way of knowing what error you're getting (and, mickmorrison, there's no reason to think they're the same as anyone else's) unless you report it and provide a Report ID.

Conflict resolution windows don't indicate a problem—when you get them repeatedly it just means you're getting an error at the end of the sync.
  • edited August 17, 2010
    Thanks. I submitted the error, code #444565353.

It also stated the following as the error before I submitted it:

[unrelated errors removed — D.S.]

[JavaScript Error: "uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [mozIStorageStatement.execute]" nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/data/collection.js :: anonymous :: line 566" data: no] [ERROR: insert on table "collectionItems" violates foreign key constraint "fki_collectionItems_itemID_sourceItemID"]"]

[unrelated errors removed — D.S.]
  • Try a Full Sync from the Sync->Reset pane of the Zotero prefs.
  • Thanks Dan, the Full Sync seems to have worked for now. Hopefully the issue will not recur.
  • I received the same error message-- if it is of interest, please see report ID 1348861776.
  • chrisoej: You're using an outdated version of Zotero. Upgrade to 2.0.8 from zotero.org, and start a new thread if you're still having trouble.
This discussion has been closed.