Office 2010 cannot see Zotero Tag

Hi everyone,
I installed the Word processor plug-in in my new PC where I have Office 2010. The installation was all right no errors. However, the Zotero tag does not appear. I made sure the Word was closed, and reinstalled and got the same result, nothing. I then troubleshooted, clicked on addson, extension, clicked on Zotero WinWord Integration, Reinstalled word components, OK. and nothing again. Did this entire process three times including the troubleshooting. I also went to the files, options, supplements and checked everything there, active and inactive, but couldn't see Zotero there too. I'm quite sure this is something over there but Ive got on the limit of my PC knowledge or IT skills...hehehe
Thanks!
  • edited August 10, 2010
    First, by "Zotero Tag" I assume you mean the Zotero toolbar in Word?
    I also went to the files, options, supplements and checked everything there, active and inactive, but couldn't see Zotero there too.
    I don't know what this means. What are you referring to? You need to include the exact text you see on the screen—don't just say it from memory.

From the troubleshooting section:
    In Word for Windows and Word 2004 for Mac, make sure that the Zotero toolbar is enabled in View→Toolbars, and ensure that Zotero.dot appears and is enabled in Word's Tools→Templates and Add-ins window.
    Have you done this? If you don't see Zotero.dot in the list, navigate to the Startup folder path displayed in that window and look for the Zotero.dot file, and note the manual installation instructions (though they shouldn't be necessary).
  • Hi Dan, Ive got it! I'm sorry for the broken communication, but I was not actually able to understand what was going on.
    Just a report on what I did to fix.
    I have a non-English version of Office. I checked the link you sent to me (as above) and I found out that the Word plug-in was in a Portuguese version of startup. I copied and paste and re-started Word, and it was all fine!
    I can now continue my writing!
    Thanks you!