error ID 1988054505; Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIFile.remove]

Hello Zotero developers,

When I synced my Zotero database, I came across the error message mentioned in the topic decription. I ron zotero on FFportable 3.6.6, Open Office portable, Windows XP.
I had just the paths changed in the preferences of the Zotero Open Office integration Tool to the right paths to soffice.exe and ridl.jar.

Before that I always had the "Zotero OpenOffice Integration could not complete installation because an error occurred. Please ensure that OpenOffice is closed, then restart Firefox." error message. Now the message was gone.

When syncing, I came across a few error messages that tags were too long in my database and I let the wizard delete them. (It would be nice to have a possibility to delete all tags at once though or to prevent Zotero from importing tags. There is a thread in this forum describing that you can delete the tags with an SQlite browser, but that didn't work for me -the tags were still there)

And now I had the component returned failure error.

I know that this is not much information to work with, bat can you please find out what causes this error message? Has my database been synced or not?

Thank you in advance.
  • Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIFile.remove]" nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/storage.js :: _processZipDownload :: line 1007" data: no]
    Your metadata has been synced. That's a file sync error.

See my response here: http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/12995/repeated-sync-error-message/#Item_3

The same questions and suggestions apply to you. The next version of Zotero will display a better message for this error (which for reasons unclear is coming through from Firefox as a generic error).