CMOS - separate translator for a book section

One of the sources I'm using is a translated selection from a sourcebook. I've entered it as a book section, with the selection author under 'Author' and the book authors under 'Book Author', but there doesn't seem to be any way to indicate that the translator is the translator of that selection only. The book itself doesn't have a translator; it's written in English.

Can anyone tell me if this is possible?
  • I don't think so - but to help see - how does the citation appear, how do you want it to appear?
  • edited August 7, 2010
    Zotero gives me:
    F:
    Adolf Hitler, “Mein Kampf,” in Sources of European History Since 1900, by Marvin Perry, Matthew Berg, and James Krukones, trans. T. H. Von Laue, 2nd ed. (Boston, MA: Wadsworth, 2011).
    B:
    Hitler, Adolf. “Mein Kampf.” In Sources of European History Since 1900, by Marvin Perry, Matthew Berg, and James Krukones, translated by T. H. Von Laue. 2nd ed. Boston, MA: Wadsworth, 2011.
    I haven't been able to find anything in Chicago Style that deals with this exact situation, but right now it's clearly misleading. I think this would be the best solution:

F:
    Adolf Hitler, “Mein Kampf,” trans. T. H. Von Laue, in Sources of European History Since 1900, by Marvin Perry, Matthew Berg, and James Krukones, 2nd ed. (Boston, MA: Wadsworth, 2011).
    B:
    Hitler, Adolf. “Mein Kampf.” Translated by T. H. Von Laue. In Sources of European History Since 1900, by Marvin Perry, Matthew Berg, and James Krukones. 2nd ed. Boston, MA: Wadsworth, 2011.
    That way it's clear that Von Laue is only the translator of that one selection, not of the book itself.

It's not all that important (I'm only an undergrad, and only my TA is going to be reading the paper) but I just wondered if Zotero was capable of doing it and I missed it. I'm not even sure this functionality would be useful except for undergrads, but I thought I'd ask anyway.
  • Thanks for doing some leg work on this harlleye. You have identified a good edge case that Zotero does not currently support. For the foreseeable future these kind of edge cases are going to require manual tweaking.