routinely highlight collection + subcollection in left pane

In Windows holding down CTRL (other keys in other platforms) will highlight the subcollection containing an item. This seems to be a recently added feature which is ENORMOUSLY USEFUL but it is cumbersome

Why have to hold down any key in order to do this? It should be done automatically routinely

Requests - these are overlapping functions and can possibly be accomplished by a single bit of code

1. Automatically highlight the relevant subcollection when an item is selected in the center pane. It impairs functionality to have to hold down a key to do this and unecessarily "hides" a very useful function.

2. Automatically highlight the subcollection which is "open". I have about 40 subcollections and often have to CTRL an item in a collection to check where I am before adding an item.

3. It would make it quicker to browse for the collection/subcllection if both the "root" collection and relevant subcollection are highlighted in the left pane when an item in the center pane is selected

Thank you
  • I like this idea. Is there a reason we couldn't always highlight the containing collections? Perhaps it could be a problem for items that are in a great many collections.
  • This would be a really useful option.