Multiple authors isn't showing as "et.al"

Weird problem. A specific reference with 4 authors isn't transforming into the "et. al" form, but only in a part of the document.

The reference looks fine in other parts of the document including in the footnotes. And other references with multiple authors in this part of the document (next to it) transform just fine also.

I have no idea how to test for this and how to troubleshoot. I tried duplicating the entry and add the new reference, but I have the same error. There is nothing peculiar about the reference. I am using a custom style.

Any ideas or help?
  • I did more testing. I think I found the bug. The reference shows up fine (with "et.al") up until it shows up the first time in the footnote (where it also shows up fine). All subsequent citations of that reference _don't_ show using "et.al".

Definitelly a bug. Can anyone confirm?

I will try this on another new document and other references.
  • Correction: The citation shows up fine _until_ a footnote. If it was called before the footnote, the footnote will show it _incorrectly_. If the footnote is the first place where it shows, it will be correct but all subsequent citations are incorrect.
  • Looks like I posted in wrong section...will repost there...please ignore this one