OpenOffice Zotero integration error (Java problem?)

Hi,

I know lots of people have been having similar openoffice integration issues, but I can't find anything on the forum that helps me to fix it. I apologise, if the answer's there and I just haven't found it.

I'm getting an error when I try to insert a citation in an OO document, that usually ends up crashing both OO and firefox. Usually it will let me insert one citation but the second citation fails. This happens in both existing and new empty documents.
The error box comes up saying-

Zotero integration error
An error occurred communicating with Zotero:
com.star.run.uno.Runtime.Exception:
at
(and then a very long list of- I assume they are paths? The list goes on below the botton of the page but there is no scroll bar to see the bottom of the list.)

When I close the error message it repeatedly pops up again, sometimes 5 times, sometimes 105 times.

I've tried removing and reinstalling everything-
Zotero,
Zotero OpenOffice Integration (both by reinstalling the components from in the Firefox add-on preferences and by removing and reinstalling)
Firefox 3.6.6
OpenOffice 3.2
and sun java 6.

Java is enabled in firefox, and java is working fine in firefox. The error doesn't generate anything in the zotero debug log. I'm using Zotero 2 on OpenOffice 3.2 with sun java 1.6.0_20, on Ubuntu 10.04 (lucid)

Can anybody help?

Nancy
  • ps report ID: 2097355466
  • Does this happen with an author-date style? Are you using Bookmarks or Reference Marks? It sounds like you're using Bookmarks, which I think is still broken on Ubuntu (they've done something strange to OO, as it works on other linux flavours). Unless you need to share it with somebody who is using Word, then switch to Reference Marks.
  • Thank you very much for your help! I was indeed using Bookmarks, and it works fine on Reference marks. I do need to share with Word users, but it sounds like I should just use ref marks and deal with edits manually for now. Is anyone working on fixing Bookmarks on Ubuntu? Would an older version of OO work?
  • I don't think anyone is working on fixing the Ubuntu Ooo from Zotero's side, simply because this isn't a Zotero problem -
    but you don't need an older Ooo version, you just need the most recent regular Ooo version from
    http://www.openoffice.org/
    Ubuntu has a slightly modified Ooo version in the repository, which apparently contains a bug/regression in this respect.