No chronological order in bibliography

hello,
in cases where i have multiple texts by the same author, zotero does not put them in chronological order in the bibliography. it should have the erliest publication at the top and the most recent at the bottom.

by looking at my CSL (publicly linked below), can any body tell me how to change that?

http://gist.github.com/469202

thanks a lot!
j.w.h.
  • find this in your citations section:
    <sort>
    <key macro="author"/>
    <key variable="title"/>
    </sort>

and add a line to sort for date after the author line, so that you get

<sort>
    <key macro="author"/>
    <key macro="year-date"/>
    <key variable="title"/>
    </sort>

(you can also use <key variable="issued"/> but I usually prefer just sorting by year.

For future reference: the name of the year macro - "year-date" - is style specific, that's what J.W. called it, it may have a different name in a different style.
  • that works.
    thanks!
    j.w.h.
  • now...wait... somthing very strange hapened: in my document i now have a "p." or "pp." in front of every page reference which has previously not been there. ... that seem odd dosn't it?! how may this be connected to the previous change in the CSL?
  • There is no way these are related. Most likely you mixed up styles when you changed and re-installed this - or you used an old version or something like that. But changing the sort order will with 100% certainty not affect p./pp.
  • I have no idea what is going on.
    i took older an older back up version of the CSL and installed it: the same picture.
    how is that possible...???
  • it's in the style you posted.
    <label variable="locator" form="short" suffix=". " prefix=": "/>
    puts ": pp." (or p. for single pages) in front of every page reference in the citations.

<label variable="locator" form="short" suffix=". "/>
    does the same for ibids.

That's all I can tell you - the style is doing what it's supposed to do.
  • Sorry... you where totally right!! :) i mixed up the csl files!