Zotero "hangs" Firefox

I love Zotero and have been using it for the past couple of years. But since two weeks ago, it hangs Firefox (or at the very least makes it unacceptably slow). I know this because the issue only occurs when I open Zotero pane in the browser window, or immediately after it. In most cases, I have to do a "force restart"
What is going on? Any tips? I don't want to move back to EndNote...

Firefox/3.6.6
Zotero v.2.0.3. Thanks!

P.S. Other than with Zotero, I have no problems with my Firefox - or the entire machine, for that matter. Please help!
  • I have the same problem - just upgraded to Firefox 3.6.6 and Zotero 2.0.3 on a Mac and when I open Zotero it loads the library but then Firefox stops responding and require forced quit.

Please help!!
  • It's quite likely not actually hanging—it's trying to auto-sync, and you're interrupting it.
  • Note, though, that this should only be the case once, if it's trying to sync a lot of data (which can happen if you're new to syncing or if Zotero needs to perform a full sync). Let it complete and subsequent syncs should be fast.

You can also disable auto-sync in the Sync pane of the Zotero prefs and sync when you want.