RSS and Group Libraries

Hi,

I'm engaged in a distributed collaborative research team (not all of which use zotero) and I want to be able to grab the group rss feed with an external service, namely, feedburner (which I can then configure for team mates to get updates via email or twitter). Since they're too busy/lazy to log in and check the group webpage and I'm too busy/lazy to email out every reference I find, this seems like pure amazingness.

The problem: I'm having trouble getting the group library rss to perform reliably. It's a public group, with a public library. However, sometimes it asks for a username/key, sometimes it displays it. I tried to push it to feedburner yesterday and feedburner gave me an error that the feed exceeded their 512MB limit (or was it kb?).

Anyway, my personal library feed went in just fine, the group library hung and was rejected. I went back today and it went in fine.

You know what that means? That means you can use feedburner to push the feed items to twitter, or an email subscription list. Perhaps I'm overly enamored of my zotero library items, but i think that's awesome.

So my question is: What's the deal with the rss/atom feeds? Why are they so flakey?

And my request is: I would really, really like to have the same fine grain control over group access and rss that is present for the personal libraries. Specifically, I would like to hide notes and generate an API/access key for retrieving the group files and notes.

Thanks!!