auto-index: Upgrade number of characters and pages
Dear Devs,
this refers to the auto-indexing function previously discussed here:
https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/102853/auto-index#latest
I can see that in the settings the relevant items have been renamed and it seems to work better. However, the preset page and character count is still far too low (100 pages). In the discussion linked above, @dstillman indicated that the preset might be adjusted in the future, given that a higher page and character count is no problem anymore for computing power, but this has not happened.
Would it be possible that you now up the preset to 1000 pages and 5 Mio characters?
The problem here is also that even though I did change my own count, it defaulted back to your pre-set when I got a new computer, which is really annoying. I still think a lot of users may not be aware of this preset and thus may unknowingly not realize that a certain percentage of their docs remain unindexed and thus cannot be found via search.
many thanks
best
m
this refers to the auto-indexing function previously discussed here:
https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/102853/auto-index#latest
I can see that in the settings the relevant items have been renamed and it seems to work better. However, the preset page and character count is still far too low (100 pages). In the discussion linked above, @dstillman indicated that the preset might be adjusted in the future, given that a higher page and character count is no problem anymore for computing power, but this has not happened.
Would it be possible that you now up the preset to 1000 pages and 5 Mio characters?
The problem here is also that even though I did change my own count, it defaulted back to your pre-set when I got a new computer, which is really annoying. I still think a lot of users may not be aware of this preset and thus may unknowingly not realize that a certain percentage of their docs remain unindexed and thus cannot be found via search.
many thanks
best
m
Upgrade Storage