Chicago Style - Need to trim my end notes

Hi, guys. As usual late at night at the last minute.

I want to put the bibliography at the very end and may just make a separate doc for that. However, in the end notes I want to ONLY fully name the book, chapter, article or whatever the FIRST time it's mentioned, not each time. It looks ridiculous now because Zotero keeps putting the entire title in, even when it's already done so, unless it's "Ibid." I have tried two different styles of end notes: one "with bibliography" which I think means the bib is populated at the end by what I choose for the notes, the other "without bibliography" which, as I read it in the online Chicago guide, seems to mean that all the bibliographic data appears with each note. It's late and I'm new to this so pardon my ignorance, but it doesn't seem right no matter what I do. I'm not a defeatist, I am just observing. Any ideas from someone who has this down pat? THANKS!
  • Chicago Full Note with Bibliography should do this right - it's using whatever you have in the "short title" - contrary to what you seem to believe, Chicago does not require you to remove the title for subsequent citations - for what it's worth, Zotero currently also can't do this right - e.g. print titles if there are several works by the same author, but not otherwise.