Mendeley importer login error

Hi,

I am trying to import my Mendeley library to Zotero. I was previously using my institutional account with Mendeley, but I'm aware that Shibboleth logins create problems with the importer; as such, I added my personal email to my institutional account, such that I can log in on mendeley.com using just my personal email and password. Then, I proceeded to the Zotero Mendeley importer to import my library.

File -> Import... -> Mendeley Reference Manager online import -> Continue

Then, I filled in my username as my personal email and my password, and clicked Continue. However, this returns an orange error message "Login to Mendeley failed. Please re-enter credentials and try again."

I have tried my personal and institutional email, as well as my full name or first name as appearing in my Mendeley account, because there is no other associated username. There is no way to create a personal Mendeley account completely separately and then link it to my existing institutional account, because no "linking" function exists, and trying to add my institutional email to my personal account simply returns a "This email is already in use".

My Report ID is 312629895 and debug ID is D2130755941. Thank you so much!
  • dstillman Zotero Team
    edited today at 3:00pm
    Update to Zotero 10 and try again, and let us know if it still fails. If so, the upcoming Zotero 11 beta will provide another possible way to import.
  • Hi, that fixed the issue and I imported successfully! Thank you so much!
Sign In or Register to comment.