Problem converting docs to word

Hi,

I wrote a long document (103 pages, including the bibliography) in Google Docs using the Zotero Google Docs integration. I used Document Preferences → Switch to a different word processor, downloaded the file as .docx and opened it in Word for Windows. When I click Refresh to finish the conversion, Zotero shows the generic error "An error occurred updating the document" (my Zotero is in Catalan) and the citations are not converted.

Report ID: [855883385]

System:

Zotero 10.0.5 (x64), locale ca-AD
Windows 10 (build 19045)
Microsoft Word for Windows (desktop) [add version if you know it]

Relevant lines from the error report:

[JavaScript Error: "Se eliminó el objeto. [importDocument:Y:\zotero\word-for-windows-integration\build\zoteroWinWordIntegration\document.cpp]"]
(repeated several times)
[JavaScript Error: "Could not remove C:\Users\jorge\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Word\STARTUP\Zotero.dotm" {file: "resource://zotero-winword-integration/installer.mjs" line: 0}]

("Se eliminó el objeto" is the Spanish Word message for "The object has been deleted".)

What I have already tried:

Zotero desktop open before opening the document in Word; restarted both Zotero and Word
Reinstalled the Word plugin from Zotero settings (Cite → Word Processors), also with Word fully closed
Updated Zotero to the latest version
Clicked "Enable Editing" (Protected View) before refreshing
Re-downloaded the .docx from Google Docs and clicked Refresh immediately, without editing anything
Saved a local copy (outside OneDrive, AutoSave off) and refreshed that copy
Synced my Zotero library and checked the trash for missing items
Turned off Track Changes; checked the document is not in Compatibility Mode
Opened Document Preferences, clicked OK, then Refresh
Disabled other Word add-ins

The Zotero tab in Word appears correctly, so the plugin seems to be installed. I can share the document privately if that helps with debugging.

Thanks in advance!
  • If you share this document with support@zotero.org we'll look into it (and fix if something is broken with Zotero).
Sign In or Register to comment.