Voice and Highlighting Bug with Read Aloud Feature

edited today at 4:50am
I’ve noticed a strange bug when using Read Aloud. So far, I’ve only noticed this when using in conjunction with an EPUB document. Read Aloud highlights sentence by sentence. The highlighted sentence is the sentence being read. Yet, sometimes that highlight will skip to the next sentence, or even the next paragraph, while still reading aloud previous content. Often, when this happens, only a portion of that skipped to sentence is highlighted.

For example, presently, there is a sentence that reads: “That experience sent a grim warning that defendants who might consider challenging fingerprint evidence might face federal charges.” Yet, the highlighted portion of the sentence reads: “That experience sent a grim warning that defendants who might c”. The actual Read Aloud content being read is actually four sentences prior.

Why this occurs, or what importance you might give to the bug, is for you to judge. I just felt it significant enough to report. I submitted a error report with Debug ID: D1655734962 and Report ID: 1311185942. Hopefully this contributes in some small way to the improvement of this great and deeply appreciated product.

Edit: Thinking it might help, I took a short MP4 video with audio demonstrating this issue. However, I’m not sure where to send it. The forum doesn’t seem to permit video attachments. If you’d like this video, let me know how to get it to you.
Sign In or Register to comment.