[Bug Report] Main window menu disappears when closed and re-opened while second window stays opened
Hi,
thank you for all the work you put into Zotero. I noticed a small bug on linux and I found no report on it.
Unfortunately, due to the nature of the bug (the menu bar disappears), I don't see how I can generate a bug report before closing the application. But it is easy to reproduce:
1. Open zotero (via default zotero.desktop file)
2. Open second window (PDF or note, it doesn't matter)
3. Close the main library window (second window stays opened)
4. Open main library window (via default zotero.desktop file)
Issue: → the main window will then show up without the menu in the titlebar, and the window control buttons (mimize, maximize, close buttons) are now placed at the center of the title bar (see screenshot).
https://s3.amazonaws.com/zotero.org/images/forums/u4958910/dwy40y06302vy3au4v9k.png
Closing the second window does not make the menu re-appear.
Restarting Zotero (i.e. closing/re-opening all the windows) solves the issue.
Note: If the second window of "profile A" stays open, there is no issue with the main window of a "profile B" zotero session.
Issue is consistent on two different linux distributions and two differents DEs / Graphic servers:
Linux Mint 22.3 - Cinnamon 6.6.9 - X11
Manjaro 26.1 - KDE 6.7.4 - Wayland
Zotero version : 10.0.5
thank you for all the work you put into Zotero. I noticed a small bug on linux and I found no report on it.
Unfortunately, due to the nature of the bug (the menu bar disappears), I don't see how I can generate a bug report before closing the application. But it is easy to reproduce:
1. Open zotero (via default zotero.desktop file)
2. Open second window (PDF or note, it doesn't matter)
3. Close the main library window (second window stays opened)
4. Open main library window (via default zotero.desktop file)
Issue: → the main window will then show up without the menu in the titlebar, and the window control buttons (mimize, maximize, close buttons) are now placed at the center of the title bar (see screenshot).
https://s3.amazonaws.com/zotero.org/images/forums/u4958910/dwy40y06302vy3au4v9k.png
Closing the second window does not make the menu re-appear.
Restarting Zotero (i.e. closing/re-opening all the windows) solves the issue.
Note: If the second window of "profile A" stays open, there is no issue with the main window of a "profile B" zotero session.
Issue is consistent on two different linux distributions and two differents DEs / Graphic servers:
Linux Mint 22.3 - Cinnamon 6.6.9 - X11
Manjaro 26.1 - KDE 6.7.4 - Wayland
Zotero version : 10.0.5
Upgrade Storage
https://s3.amazonaws.com/zotero.org/images/forums/u7554954/uuo4tatrcttkn3dehuve.png