Zotero Web Library Shows Different Data on Different Devices Despite Using the Same Account

M and I use the same Zotero account and My Library - as she's supposed to help me with correct citation.

M changed the title of an item in Zotero Web on laptop B. The new title is visible after refreshing and is also visible on her tablet C.

However, on my devices:

A: Zotero Web and Desktop still show the old title.

I: Zotero Web and the Zotero app still show the old title.

So the updated title is visible in the Webversions B and C but not on desctop nor web versions of A or I, despite using the same account and My Library. The devices (BC and AI) are in different locations.

How can the same Zotero account show different versions of the same item on different devices, and how can I force A and I to retrieve the current library data?
  • Seeing different data for the same item in Zotero web should be impossible. Have you compared the URLs to make sure you are actually looking at the same item, not a duplicate?
  • edited today at 11:01am
    We're looking at the same item.
    It is strange indeed! We've tried "everything" - log in, log out on all devices,... but changes in the item I make on my two devices do not show on her's and vice versa. Any ideas on what we could try next?

    The only thing I noticed: if she refreshes, it does not show under the settings "storage". There it only notes when I last synchronised.

    And: if she changes something (like the title), I can see when she did that in the row "modified entry", but not the acutal change... :/
  • Could you post the URL for the item in the web library when looking at it from Desktop A _and_ Desktop B (even if they are the same)?
  • edited today at 11:14am
    I just restarted my Laptop and now it worked. No idea why, but many thanks for the prompt support!
  • Oh wow, we were really looking at different entries. Looking at the URL was a good idea! Thanks :)
Sign In or Register to comment.