Google Docs error when citing three specific items, persists after full troubleshooting guide
Hi there,
I consistently get an error when inserting citations through the Google Docs integration. I'm not sure which of these three items is responsible, since I've been citing them together and it's been inconsistent when the errors would begin. The only thing I know is that the document is fine until I introduce these three:
https://doi.org/10.1177/0391398819876286
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/B978008100979600001X
https://pmc.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/articles/PMC4391163/
Environment
Zotero 10.0.5 (x64)
Windows 11
Google Docs integration via Zotero Connector
Error ID
Zotero Desktop: 2138055550
Zotero Connector (extension): 1289537080
Troubleshooting already done (per the Google Docs troubleshooting guide)
1. Restarted Zotero and the browser.
2. Confirmed I'm on the latest Zotero and Connector versions.
3. Disabled other browser extensions and reloaded Google Docs.
4. Made a copy of the document (File → Make a copy) and reset Document Preferences.
5. Switched to a different bibliography style in the copy.
6. Deleted the bibliography and tested again.
7. Isolated the problem by repeatedly halving the document contents in the copy. The error seems to be tied to the citations of the three items above.
Additional steps beyond the guide
Copied the problematic text into Notepad and pasted it back to rule out hidden characters or formatting issues. No change.
Exported all items including the three I suspect are the issue as .bib files, deleted them from my Zotero library, and re-imported them without any attached files. The error still occurs.
I've also deleted the citations and saved them again from the original source, still the same issue.
If anyone could figure out why it's doing that it would be great, thanks!
I consistently get an error when inserting citations through the Google Docs integration. I'm not sure which of these three items is responsible, since I've been citing them together and it's been inconsistent when the errors would begin. The only thing I know is that the document is fine until I introduce these three:
https://doi.org/10.1177/0391398819876286
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/B978008100979600001X
https://pmc.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/articles/PMC4391163/
Environment
Zotero 10.0.5 (x64)
Windows 11
Google Docs integration via Zotero Connector
Error ID
Zotero Desktop: 2138055550
Zotero Connector (extension): 1289537080
Troubleshooting already done (per the Google Docs troubleshooting guide)
1. Restarted Zotero and the browser.
2. Confirmed I'm on the latest Zotero and Connector versions.
3. Disabled other browser extensions and reloaded Google Docs.
4. Made a copy of the document (File → Make a copy) and reset Document Preferences.
5. Switched to a different bibliography style in the copy.
6. Deleted the bibliography and tested again.
7. Isolated the problem by repeatedly halving the document contents in the copy. The error seems to be tied to the citations of the three items above.
Additional steps beyond the guide
Copied the problematic text into Notepad and pasted it back to rule out hidden characters or formatting issues. No change.
Exported all items including the three I suspect are the issue as .bib files, deleted them from my Zotero library, and re-imported them without any attached files. The error still occurs.
I've also deleted the citations and saved them again from the original source, still the same issue.
If anyone could figure out why it's doing that it would be great, thanks!
Upgrade Storage