New plugins: grid thumbnail views for your library and files
Hi everybody,
I made two plugins for my own use and I thought I could as well share them with the Zotero community.
The first one is ZoteroThumbLibrary https://github.com/gchapron/ZoteroThumbLibrary which makes possible to view the Zotero library as thumbnails of attached files (first page of pdf and cover of ePub). I use it to visually locate a file I am looking for. And I also like to browse book covers :-)
https://s3.amazonaws.com/zotero.org/images/forums/u9749831/p1x6mgwp0yjqom4ucnzg.png
The second one is ZoteroThumbFile https://github.com/gchapron/ZoteroThumbFile and it provides a similar grid view but for the pages of a pdf file. Quite handy to quickly locate the page with a specific figure or just notice how dense is that paper you are hoping to read in the next hour :-)
https://s3.amazonaws.com/zotero.org/images/forums/u9749831/pqd6icpbt2mympl2s6fs.png
Both plugins work with Zotero 10.x (tested on a Mac). It seems these features of visual browsing the library and files are regularly mentioned in the forums, and missed them to, so I ended up making these plugins. Both released on GitHub under AGPL-3.0-or-later. Use and improve them as you wish!
Guillaume
I made two plugins for my own use and I thought I could as well share them with the Zotero community.
The first one is ZoteroThumbLibrary https://github.com/gchapron/ZoteroThumbLibrary which makes possible to view the Zotero library as thumbnails of attached files (first page of pdf and cover of ePub). I use it to visually locate a file I am looking for. And I also like to browse book covers :-)
https://s3.amazonaws.com/zotero.org/images/forums/u9749831/p1x6mgwp0yjqom4ucnzg.png
The second one is ZoteroThumbFile https://github.com/gchapron/ZoteroThumbFile and it provides a similar grid view but for the pages of a pdf file. Quite handy to quickly locate the page with a specific figure or just notice how dense is that paper you are hoping to read in the next hour :-)
https://s3.amazonaws.com/zotero.org/images/forums/u9749831/pqd6icpbt2mympl2s6fs.png
Both plugins work with Zotero 10.x (tested on a Mac). It seems these features of visual browsing the library and files are regularly mentioned in the forums, and missed them to, so I ended up making these plugins. Both released on GitHub under AGPL-3.0-or-later. Use and improve them as you wish!
Guillaume
Upgrade Storage