"file not found" with snapshot Mac

The Debug ID is D1387374324

using OSX 10.5.8 and the latest (today) download of Zotero, my saved snapshot from a newspaper article pulled from Lexis-Nexis Academic will appear for a split second in my browser window and then vanish, replaced with a "file not found" on an otherwise blank screen.

How can I find my attached snapshots? Are they local on my machine? (whimper)
  • It's just some JavaScript redirect on the page you saved, either from your proxy or Lexis-Nexis. Are you saving via a translator (address bar icon) or via Create New Item from Current Page?

You'd have to provide an example URL (or search terms) for anyone else to be able to try to reproduce this.

There's been talk in the past about disabling JavaScript in saved snapshots, which may still be a good idea.
  • I'm adding from the address bar icon, but then selecting "attach snapshot of current page" from the zotero frame.

if I click on my "view snapshot" button, this appears in my browser title:
    zotero://attachment/137/
    I see the article for a brief moment, then nothing.

the URL to the file is: http://www.lexisnexis.com.ezproxy.loyno.edu/us/lnacademic/frame.do?reloadEntirePage=true&rand=1277225420814&returnToKey=20_T9603591427&parent=docview&target=results_listview_resultsNav&tokenKey=rsh-20.579802.7392839213

but that just gives me L-N's search page. I'm not sure exactly what URL else I could provide. Thanks!
  • edited July 8, 2010
    I'm not sure exactly what URL else I could provide.
    Search terms to find the article in question.
  • okay - it's JS:

I opened another tab in Firefox and clicked on the same library item. Firefox went into a loop until I clicked "ok" enough times for it to finally cycle through to the "file not found" screen.

here is the error popup that it displayed:
    [JavaScript Application]Annotations for a snapshot may only be opened in one browser window simultaneously. This snapshot will be opened without annotations.

Unfortunately, I can't actually read the article or use the browser because of the popup warning. But this seems to be a significant clue to the answer to the problem.
  • edited July 8, 2010
    That's a Zotero warning, and it means what it says—nothing to do with your issue.

If you disable JavaScript in Firefox while viewing the snapshot, you won't get the redirect, but the problem is as I described above.
  • Okay - you can find the article by searching Lexis-Nexis Academic newspapers for article title "Frozen in Time" with key terms "Brocato."