Bug report: flatpak Zotero not picking up gnome-keyring
Reprot id is 1785837957.
I am running zotero installed via flatpak on debian forky. I have gnome-keyring installed system-wide via apt, version 50.0, but after recent update zotero prompts me with the following message:
Zotero couldn’t access your Linux keyring to encrypt your stored credentials. Your credentials remain stored unencrypted on disk. Make sure a keyring service such as GNOME Keyring or KWallet is installed and running, and restart Zotero.
I am running zotero installed via flatpak on debian forky. I have gnome-keyring installed system-wide via apt, version 50.0, but after recent update zotero prompts me with the following message:
Zotero couldn’t access your Linux keyring to encrypt your stored credentials. Your credentials remain stored unencrypted on disk. Make sure a keyring service such as GNOME Keyring or KWallet is installed and running, and restart Zotero.
Upgrade Storage
You should report the problem to the flatpak package maintainers.
Note that in Zotero 10.0.2 you can choose to bypass the keyring and continue to store credentials unencrypted.
flatpak override --user --talk-name org.freedesktop.secrets org.zotero.Zotero
The Flathub maintainers should probably add this to the manifest. [edit: https://github.com/flathub/org.zotero.Zotero/pull/337 ]
There is a relatively new desktop portal that can be considered by Zotero developers in future: https://flatpak.github.io/xdg-desktop-portal/docs/doc-org.freedesktop.impl.portal.Secret.html
The portal ensures Zotero can’t access all other applications’ secrets, a shortcoming of the original secret service design.